Sunscreen in makeup?

What types of makeup should also include sunscreen and what levels of SPF should I target?

1 Like

In terms of makeup with SPF I love mineral powder sunscreen that comes with a brush…it’s so convenient!
However, I find that makeup with sunscreen is only really helpful if the only time you go outside is walking to and from work (for example). If you’re planning on spending more time outside then just your commute I would recommend using a sunscreen underneath your makeup for extra protection!

1 Like

Supergoop makes some amazing SPF products that you should check out!

1 Like

Hi Jenny!

I LOVE that you’re inquiring about SPF, it’s my favorite product that absolutely everyone should be using on a daily basis! SPF is crucial for fighting wrinkles, sun damage and scarring from breakouts.

As far as makeup/SPF fusions go, most products are lacking the proper amount of zinc in them. Meaning you aren’t getting the full protection you need! We recommend using a broad spectrum SPF everyday as the final step in your skincare routine. Broad spectrum sunscreens block UVA & UVB damage, aka skin cancer and aging rays! If you want to use a spf foundation or powder spf for touch-ups that’s a fantastic way to get extra coverage!

Our favorite SPF is Elta MD UV Clear, it is a a dermatologist favorite and super cost affordable! It comes in an opaque and tinted version.

xx
Emma

1 Like