LED Light Therapy

I’m interested in doing LED light treatment on my skin but I want to confirm that the treatment is safe before trying it out. I am wondering if it will give me a sunburn, if UV light involved, and if the light will damage me eyes?
Has anyone even gotten LED light treatment and can give me any advice? Thanks!!

Hi there Lauren!
LED light treatment is 100% safe! It involves 2 types of FDA approved light: red light and blue light which work together to kill acne causing bacteria and help with inflammation and redness. No UVA or UVB light is involved so this treatment will not give you a sunburn. In terms of your eyes, they are covered during the treatment so they will be kept safe. Unless you have a medical condition that makes you light sensitive or are undergoing chemo-therapy, LED light treatment is safe for you!

What are the results/benefits of LED light treatment?

There are many amazing benefits of LED light therapy. The red light helps with inflammation,redness,aging, and sun damage while promoting collagen production. The blue light kills acne causing bacteria which helps prevent breakouts. Your skin will love it!

1 Like

Hi Lauren!

As Laura stated above, LED light therapy is one our favorite treatments at Glowbar. It is SUPER effective and totally safe. I do LED on myself multiple times a week, it’s the best for collagen production and anti-inflammatory!

xx Emma

2 Likes

are there any at home LED products you would recommend? Is it safe to do at home or is it better to be done in a professional setting?

1 Like

Hi Lauren!
We generally recommend doing LED therapy in a professional setting as the professional-grade devices are usually much stronger (meaning they can penetrate deeper into the skin) than the at home devices! There are also settings on the devices that target multiple concerns where the smaller consumer purchased lights usually only offer one type of light therapy. As far as at home devices go, they are great for upkeep with your monthly treatments with your esthetician. Light Stim is my personal handheld fave!

xx
Emma

2 Likes