Gel Cleanser vs Cream Cleanser?

I’m looking for a new cleanser, but I’m interested to know the major differences between a gel and cream cleanser. My skin tends to be oily in the T-Zone and then dry elsewhere. Any help is so appreciated!

Hi there!
Choosing the right cleanser for your skin cause feel SO overwhelming, so let me break it down for you!

Gel Cleansers have a thick gel consistency and will cleanse your skin without leaving it feeling stripped.
Generally, you would use use a Gel Cleanser if:
:soap: you are under 30 (people over 30 should use a different kind of cleaner unless they’re really oily)
:soap: you have oily prone skin

Cream Cleansers are suds free, and have a creamy feeling on the skin.
Generally, you would use a Cream Cleanser if:
:lotion_bottle: if you have sensitive skin
:lotion_bottle: if you have dry skin

Some things to remember:
:bulb:just because it doesn’t foam DOES NOT mean it is not cleaning your skin!!
:bulb:finding the right cleanser is about figuring out what works for your skin (everyone is different!!), so always remember to listen to how your skin feels while determining which cleanser is right for you.

Your combination skin can be tricky because you don’t want to overly dry out the dry areas with an oil-stripping cleanser, and you don’t want to worsen the oil problem which already exists in the T-zone. So, my general recommendation for you is a mild, balancing cleanser that doesn’t have overly harsh ingredients (avoid things like salicylic acid, alcohol, and benzoyl peroxide). Choose a cleanser with a gentle formula that will calm your combination skin without drying it out or adding on too-heavy moisturizers.
Hope this helps!!

1 Like