Dermal Rolling question

Hi! I found a DermRoller that apparently I bought a few years ago and then chickened out before opening it and using it haha. But it has needles that are 0.5mm - are those too long? Would love to hear more about recommendations about needle length and if you gradually use longer ones, or stay with one length always.
Also, if I wanted to start using one, is now (during the quarantine) a risky time to do that… i.e. is there a chance of bad reaction that I would want to be able to go to a doctor / derm for?
Thank you!

1 Like

I would not feel comfortable recommending any roller other than the Envron rollers. It may not seem like a lot but 0.5mm is actually pretty deep for at home needling. You ideally want something 0.1-0.3 that is plenty deep enough to accomplish better product absorption at home.

Right now is a good time to try the at home rollers but again only if the depth is 0.1-0.3 I would not recommend doing the 0.5. The main concern I have is that the goal is not to draw blood and you may at 0.5 and with everything going on currently you would not want to end up with an infection of any kind. Rolling at the lower numbers will ensure absolutely no blood is drawn.

Hope this helps!

Thank you! So helpful! I would like to buy one of the Envron ones then… do you suggest starting at 0.1 and working my way up to the 0.3?

1 Like

Yes, and there is no rush to get to 0.3. There is a lot of research showing us that you do not need to destroy the skin to get it to respond. Consistent care with quality ingredients is what we are looking for. Skin overtime will adapt and you will be able to move up to 0.3 but you should absolutely get the most out of your investment with the 0.1 and really strengthen that skin overtime.

Happy to help!

1 Like

Great! I’d love to buy one, so I’ll email the glowbar team.
Thank you!!

1 Like